Friday, June 5, 2009

Please pray for me...

Please pray for me. Yesterday, I woke up with fever chills and a high fever and abdominal pain. Eric took me to my ob since I had an appointment @ 9 anyway and we just thought that I had an infection. I saw the PA who treated me like I was a weepy mom who was over reacting over the post-op pain. She didn't even do a pelvic exam on me and thought her thermometer was wrong when it read 103.5. She wrote me a script for more percacet and an antibiotic and was going to send me on my way. (Read: dumbass!!). I kept asking her if that was all. She consulted the other drs who finally got there and they said to go straight to the ER.

To make a long story short since I'm typing this from my phone, I was hours away from going into septic shock and dying. There is still not a confirmed diagnosis. They don't know if I had a uterine infection or what. I've been put on the heaviest antibiotics there are that are bacteria resistant.

I'm feeling fine now except I still have a fever. My abdominal pain is less sever and I'm not even on any pain relievers.

The concerning part is that my white blood cells are very low. Normal is 4,500 and I have 1,000. This means that my body is having a very hard time fighting the infection. My wbc count has not increased and my platelets and hematocrit have decreased slighly. I'm going to get a shot to boost my wbc so I hope that helps.

If you wouldn't mind, please pray that I start to improve. I'm so scared and I just want to be home and see my babies that I've just begun to get to know.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh Darcy...I will be praying!!!! So thankful that someone stepped in and had you go to the ER!!

Nicole said...

Darcy, you're going to make me start crying. I get so worried about you. I actually put your name on the prayer roll at the temple last night before I even knew about this. Have faith in Christ's healing power and you will be blessed. I'll also continue to pray for you. I wish there was more I could do too. Take care of yourself. I hope you heal and recover quickly. Love ya Girl!

Noel said...

Darcy,
i just found about this today. I said a prayer for you already and asked my parents to pray for you as well. I am deeply concerned for you and will continue to pray for you. I am looking forward to a praise report soon!