Well, it looks like I got a pretty good birthday present today!
Over last few days, I've shown no improvement. My white blood cells have stayed about the same and my red blood cells and platelets have gone down. Because my wbc haven't changed, a bone marrow biopsy was performed yesterday. It was the most painful thing I have ever gone through!
But guess what?!! Everything they tested for came back negative! There was a good number of stem cells and no cancer!!! Halleluia!
This was the best news I could've hoped for! It means there is nothing wrong with my marrow and that it's being suppressed by something not related to my bone function (so most likely a virus).
Also, my morning vital check showed my temp was 99. It has not changed and has consistently been 99 all day! Yay! That's not a fever!
Although my wbc have not gone up, my red blood cells have increased from 44 to 58. They should be in the hundreds, but the doctors think that since my fever has decreased and my rbs look to be increasing, my wbc should be the next to increase.
Please continue to pray that I improve. I've made baby steps today am THRILLED the biopsy was normal.
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
1 day ago


2 comments:
Hooray!! Continuing to pray!!
how are you doing? i have been thinking of you! having a baby is such a crazy time already - and you've had two and now have to deal with this! you are so strong and we are praying for you!
Post a Comment