Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 31

Well, we've officially made it to week 31!! Yaay! Everyday seems to be an accomplishment lately and we are going to celebrate each weekly milestone. It hasn't been easy since I got home last Thursday. I have to take terbutaline every 4 hours. Although it's always on my mind, I set phone alerts and alarms to make sure I don't miss or take a dose late.

There have been several instances when Eric and I have to decide if we need to go back to the hospital. They are very scary. I log every contraction I have and when I have close to 6 in an hour, I take another pill. If the contractions still don't stop, I'm supposed to go to the hospital. On Sunday afternoon and last night, I had episodes needing another pill. About an hour after I took the second pill, the contractions subside. I read online that women pregnant with multiples who have preterm labor typically start contracting around week 29 or 30 and the contractions seem to stop after week 31. I sure hope it's true! I wouldn't mind being on bedrest without these contraction scares!

Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment. I get to go out of the house! I'm a little excited although I know it's going to tire me out. Just getting up for my bathroom breaks tires me out now! They are going to do a biophysical profile (BPP) on both the babies to determine how they are developing. These tests will be done weekly now and will measure the weights and sizes of each baby. The babies' movements will also be monitored along with the amount of amniotic fluid each has. A score will be assessed for each baby. These scores are particularly important in my case so the doctors know how mature the babies are and when it's more safe for them to be delivered.

Thank you to everyone who has continued to pray for all of us. We are so grateful the Lord is continuing to watch over these precious little boys!

1 comment: