I'm so glad to report a normal and uneventful doctor appointment! Yaaay! Thursday morning Eric and I went and had the biophysical profile (BPP) done. It was kind of a boring ultrasound where they just watch each baby's abdomen and listen to the heart, measure amniotic fluid, and then watch for each baby to take practice breaths for at least 30 seconds each. The tech caught Baby A "breathing" pretty quickly, but Baby B decided he wasn't really in the mood to show off his breathing skills until the end of the ultrasound. The nerve wracking thing is that you only have 20 minutes for the babies to show their activity. Luckily, Baby B finally decided to practice breath for everyone and both babies got an 8/8 for the BPP! Yaay! This was important because if they hadn 't received 8/8, it would've meant back to the hospital for us for more monitoring.
After the BPP, we saw Dr. McKernan. He just told us to keep doing what we're doing (umm...and by that, do absolutely nothing!) and not be afraid to come back to the hospital if we need to. He said that sometimes people need a second or third dose of the magnesium sulfate to "reset the uterus"....he explained this had to do with resetting the receptors...I'll leave all that for Eric to understand! I just hope that I don't have to go back, my home recliner is much nicer than the hospital bed!
We are so grateful for a normal and uneventful doctor appointment! Oh, and if I can make it to Wednesday, I'll be 32 weeks pregnant and will be able to deliver (and both me and the babies would stay) at Arrowhead Hospital. Here's to making it to Wednesday!
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment