Friday, April 10, 2009

The start of the babies' room!

After our friends, Alesia and Kent, went back to Illinois, Eric and I moved the furniture out from the old guest bedroom to the other spare bedroom and assembled the cribs. It was so much fun! I've heard numerous stories of husbands having a difficult time putting a crib together or couples fighting, but we had a blast. It was so much fun to put them together and made the arrival of the babies seem more real and soon!


Below are a few pics from our fun afternoon.

The start of putting together crib #1




Trying out different positions in the room

Here's how we decided on arranging the cribs. We're thinking of putting the dresser/changing table between the cribs. The beddding that I'm in love with is from Pottery Barn Kids and has airplanes, sailboats, and hot air balloons on it. At the store, they had these hot air balloons hanging on the wall made from fabric stretched in fabric hoops with baskets hanging by rope. They were so cute! I've got the baskets and fabric hoops. All I have to do now is find some cute fabric to match. I was playing around and hung a fabric hoop on the wall, anyway.

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

wow darcy, super cute! and real! i wish i could have been nesting all along like you! we just put our crib up this past week and it has helped to make things more real for us.
i can't imagine having 2 of everything! how exciting!

Nicole said...

The room is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see pics of the finished product. You are always sooo good at decorating!