Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How I manage 3 under 2

I've been asked how I'm able to take care of three children under two years old.  I'm able to do it because I'm a stickler for schedules!  If I didn't have a set time when things get done, I'd go crazy.  Plus, I'm a firm believer that my children have done so well because they have been on a schedule from birth. 

Anyway, here is our schedule that everyone was on when Elina was first born.  It has since changed because she eats every four hours, instead of every three. She has also dropped the last feeding of the night.

I wanted to post this so I can go back and remember how jam packed our days were :)

6:30-Elina's first feeding
7:00-Boys wake up (I've been getting them up closer to 7:30 because it takes me forever to feed Elina!). I get the boys up, change them, and feed them. Then they play while I clean up.
8:00- Elina goes down for a nap. If she needs a bath, I do it before this nap.
8-9:30-if I can get something done, then I do. Otherwise I spend this time with the boys
9:30-the boys have room time (I gate them in their room for play time) while I feed Elina
10:00-??I take the world's quickest shower while the boys are in their room playing. I've been sticking Elina in her swing or letting her do tummy time. Then if the boys are doing well in their room, I'll stick a load of laundry in or clean something. Otherwise, I play with the boys in their room for a bit.
11/11:30-Put Elina down for a nap and bring the boys upstairs and start making lunch. We eat it and then pick up the toys.
12:30- put the boys down for a nap and then feed Elina
2-put Elina down for a nap (this is when I take a nap if I can)
3:30-feed Elina
4-get the boys up and then start on dinner.
5-Elina goes down for a nap
5:30/6-eat dinner and get boys ready for bed
6:30-feed Elina
7-boys go to bed.
8-Elina goes for last nap
9:30-feed Elina and then I go to bed :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was a and still am a stickler on schedules. It works and I have a happy baby! You have one jammed packed day, but looks like all 3 are happy all of the time!

Noelle said...

Baby Wise Mama right there! Isn't it wonderful going from the 3 hour schedule to the 4 hour schedule though?? You can actually get out of the house every now and then too! Ha!

Kaylyn said...

Wow that's alot of naps! Do you have this schedule posted on a wall or something?