Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Date in Chinatown!

Eric and I are really trying to go out on dates as much as we can while we have a Grandma and Pop available to watch the kids.  This past weekend, we wanted to do something "Chicago-y."  We almost went to this Dutch restaurant, Vincent's.  We've never even heard of a Dutch restaurant here in the States so we've been wanting to try it out.  However, I'd never been to the Chinatown here and there is also a popular restaurant called Joy Yee's Noodle Shop.  We ended up going there and had such a great time.  It was easy to find and the food was AMAZING!

We got these drinks called bubble tea.  I've also heard of them be called boba.  They are fruit drinks with tapioca pearls.  Ummm...delish! I got a mango green tea.

The tapioca is like jelly, chewy balls. They don't taste really like anything, but are fun to eat.

Eric ordered this Korean noodle dish (it was a huge portion!).  They were the best noodles I have ever had!  They were garlic-y and had shrimp, calamari, scallops and chicken.  The sea food was so fresh.  So GOOD!

I ordered a hot pot that was beef soup and they brought you out a plate of shaved beef.  You put the beef in the soup and cooked it how you like it.  It was fun to eat and so good! 

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

In Houston, there are teahouses on every corner where you can get tapioca in tea, smoothies, slushies, milkshakes, even coffee. It's weird.