Sunday, December 6, 2009

Six Months Old!

**I wrote this post awhile ago, but when I went to post it, everything was deleted and it's taken me this long to rewrite it :( Oh, and for some stupid reason, the font and spacing is all messed up and I can't figure out how to fix it! Blogger sure does bug me sometimes!**

The boys turned six months old on November 26th. This monthly birthday has been difficult for me. The twins are looking more like little boys and they are developing so quickly right now. It seems like they are doing something new each day!


The state nurse came a couple weeks before their 6 month birthday. At this visit, Carter weighed almost 20 lbs and Brandt weighed almost 18 lbs. No wonder my back has been hurting so much! On the bright side, I'm getting some seriously toned arms!

Brandt

Brandt has mastered flipping over onto his stomach. As soon as you put him on his back, he lifts his legs up, swings them over, and flips onto his belly. He has also learned to scoot. If you put him down on a blanket for tummy time, he'll scoot around all over the blanket (usually into his brother and making Carter really mad!).

Brandt has also developed this sneeze that is the funniest thing ever. I hope that I'll be able to get it on video. When he sneezes, he yells first! It sounds like, "AAAAAAAH chew!" Every time he does it, Eric and I crack up. He has also developed into the happiest baby. He loves attention and gives anyone the biggest smile when he gets it. He also loves to laugh. Eric can really make him go into hysterics. It's so funny!

Carter

Carter has also learned to flip onto his belly, but doesn't go straight to it like Brandt does. Carter would much rather lay on back and play with his hands or a toy. Both boys have found their feet, but Carter loves to play with his. It's almost pointless to put socks on the little guy...they come straight off.

Carter has always been more of a talker than Brandt, but it has really increased in the past month. In the morning, I know the boys are up by hearing Carter's talking. He also talks a lot in the car. I love it! Oh, and when I lay him down for a diaper change or get him ready to take a nap, he grabs my face with both hands and talks to me. Those are some of the best moments of my day.

He has also found his tongue. He likes to stick his tongue out and lick his lips alot. I think that since he has his top and bottom teeth now, he is also feeling them with his tongue.


I've been out shopping several times and women comment on how their smiles make their day. I feel so blessed to have little guys who have such an impact on people!

Here are the boys in their t-shirts Grandma Fase had made for them. Brandt's is an airplane that looks like an American Airlines airplane like what his Grandpa Parish flies. Carter's is of a helicopter like his Grandpa Groen's. They love them! Thanks, Grandma Fase!!






No comments: