Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tea 2009

I attend a Bible study for women whose husbands are medical students or already practicing. Our group, Side by Side, hosted another table this year at the Women's Christmas Tea at Northwest Community Christian Church. I organized the planning for the table centerpieces this year and it was so much fun! A little challenging with the boys, but so much fun!

Last year, we got the idea of doing a medical themed table too late into our planning. We were so excited to have a theme that fit perfectly for our group this year. One of the gals came up with "The Great Physician." Wasn't it perfect??!!

So that is what we went with. We wanted to use a doctor's bag as our centerpiece. We didn't know how we were going to get one but lo and behold, Carol (the mama hen of our group) had two! Perfect since we ended up having two tables since our group has gotten so big.

We used a doctor bag and filled it with Christmas greenery. We put the bag on top of old medical books. I made snowflakes out of q-tips and scattered ornaments around. Carol had several doctor figurines we used and also displayed old medical books on easels. We used Carol's fancy china and I made placemats out of gold lame.

In my humble, unbiased opinion, I think it turned out pretty good! It was definitely a different theme compared to the other tables, but we got many compliments. Carol even made favors for each person that looked like little pill bottles...so cute!

One of our tables

The other table
Me, Theresa with her guest, Hillary, and Megan's guest, Toni
Melissa, my fellow centerpiece decorator. She's the matermind behind the floral decorations Me and my guest, my cousin Maria
Melissa showing our little mishap..a napkin caught on fire!
The Christmas Tea was great this year. We had wonderful speakers and it was so much fun to hang with the girls. Hope we'll be around next year so I can go again!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a fun event! I love the centerpieces you came up with--such a cute idea and they look great (and so do you, by the way)!! And it is always good for us moms to get out with the girls once in awhile. :)