Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day at Mother's Day Out

Today was the boys' first day at Mother's Day Out since we all had colds last week. I packed the boys lunches last night to make our morning routine a bit easier.  I tried to get a few pictures this morning before their first day of "school" but they just weren't having it.  Although they've been playing with their backpacks (or "packpacks" as they call them) for weeks now, they were more intrigued by what was in them.  They opened their lunchboxes (which they usually just use to tote their cars around in) and found their packed lunches.  They were very upset when I had to take them away so we could get in the cars and go!




 
 
 

When we got to the church, Brandt started playing with toys immediately and Carter just wanted to hang out with me.  I got him playing with some legos and while they were both preoccupied, I slipped out. I heard Carter start crying.  I peered in through the little window in the door and saw him with his back turned to me and he was crying so hard!  This made me start bawling and all I wanted to do was go in and comfort my sweet little boy, but I knew better.  I left with Elina and with mixed emotions of whether or not this whole mother's day out idea was good.

Carter when he was playing with Legos before I left.  These pictures are so blurry because Elina slimed my phone right before I took them :)

Brandt already having fun with toys.

After I left I was able to run to the bookstore (so much fun with only one child!) and I got PottyWise so we can start thinking about potty training.  Then I met up with another medical widow friend, Amanda Eichenberger and we had lunch at Very Vera with our little girls, Elina and Vera

Miss Elina and her first time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant!

Her new cheesy grin

So cute!
After lunch it was time to go back at pick up the babes. When I arrived, they were both crying and once again it broke my heart!  We'll try again next week and hopefully it will go better!

No comments: