In the beginning of March, my mom came to visit. I surely needed a mommy fix! It was so nice not to have to worry about cooking, doing laundry, cleaning up after ANYTHING. It was awesome. I wish she was able to visit more often.
We had so much cooking together, playing with the boys, working on projects and loving on Elina.
 |
| Hanging out with Elina when Mom first arrived |
 |
| Elina with her Mimi |
 |
| Taking baths are much more fun when Mimi's around! |
Eric made us special pom-tinis while Mom was here. They are so good! If you want the recipe,
here it is.
 |
We made several shopping excursions while she was here. This is what I look like when I go out shopping. Yes, I get lots of looks. Most of the time, people will see the twins and say the usual, "Wow, you sure do have your hands full!" Then, they'll notice I'm wearing Elina. Then they'll add, "Oh my goodness, bless your heart!" I'm usually happy to say yes, they keep me busy and to chat for a bit. Other times, I'm in a rush because it's close to nap/lunch/other event that's next in our schedule and I just feel like saying, "Yes, I know I have many little children. Now please stop gawking and let me get around you because I need to leave before everyone (including me!) has a meltdown!
|
 |
| Getting some cuddle time with Mimi after naptime |
We made some scrumptious dinners. I always learn something from my mom when we cook together.
One of my favorite soups is pazole. If you want my mom's recipe, she's posted about it
here. She never uses measurements, but she did take a picture of the stuff she used. All you do is throw all the stuff in a pot, cover it with water, and let it simmer for a few hours.
 |
| Mmmm...looks good! |
 |
| We also made Pioneer Woman's white enchiladas. If you haven't made them, you must! |
 |
| Brandt loves Mimi's pazole! |
Everyone at dinner. For a treat afterwards, the boys had pop rocks. Carter's face is so funny! They loved the candy, but were very confused by the noise it made.
We all had so much fun while my mom was here. Can't wait for Mimi to visit again! |
|
1 comment:
Hi Darcy! You are the winner of the Lola Decor giveaway! Please email me at valplowman@gmail.com to get your code. Congrats!
Post a Comment