Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's gonna be culture shock

Yesterday, I was on the phone with a realtor in Augusta, GA to confirm her availability when we go down next month to find a home. We were discussing the surrounding towns to Augusta and how I liked a house that was still on the market.  She made a comment about how it was so far away from MCG (the hospital Eric is going to be at). I asked how far away it is and she said 30 minutes with traffic.  According to her, that is really far away!  Hehe!  Being used to Phoenix and the Chicago suburbs, that's nothing!

Oh, and she was explaining how the Augusta real estate market worked and how another agent might have to show Eric and me some houses.  She was using other agent's names as if she was on a first name basis with all the realtors in the area.  Now, I know that you tend to meet alot of people in the same industry you work, but she just made it sound like everyone knows everyone in the area.

I feel like it's going to be a bit of culture shock when we move down the South!

3 comments:

kim said...

Oh, you will love living in the south. Your right it is a culture shock and everyone does know everyone. When I was little I lived in Virginia and North Carolina. The little town where my family still lives in NC is that way, you just drop a name and someone can tell you every detail about the person. Its kind of nice, but you're right its definitely different after big city life.

Kaylyn Terry said...

The teacher I'm working with right now lived in Atlanta for awhile. She said that Augusta is a small town but very pretty. I think the biggest culture shock will be southern etiquette. I thought that Texans were really polite but apparently they are rude compared to Georgians!

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you! I think Georgia will be such a fun experience!