"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet?"
~Romeo and Juliet
This quote has been playing in mind ever since we found out we're having a girl. For some reason, we are having the toughest time deciding on a name. We used to love the name Emma, but in the past few years everyone has named their daughter Emma. I don't know why we mind so much, but we don't want our little girl to have a name where she's going to have 15 other "Emma's" to share it with.
We also have a slight problem. Well, it's not really a problem so much as an expectation we unknowingly made for our family's names. You see, the letters in our names go: B,C,D, and then E. We did not intentionally do this; we just really like Brandt and Carter and we are already Darcy and Eric. So there you go...now people think Baby Girl Groen needs to have a name that starts with an "A." We're not really putting too much weight into the name needing to begin with an "A," but it does create a slight fear of disappointment in those wishing for the ABCDE Groens.
We also have this problem: as Eric puts it, I like floofy names. And it's true. I like them pretty. I wouldn't pick a modern name. I pick names that sound pretty with they're spoken and when they are written. Written with lots of curly cues and loop de loops. Names that sound like little Girl Groen needs to wear bows and ruffles and petticoats everyday. Eric does not. We have the hardest time even finding a name that we both think is okay. And okay just will not do. Ugh.
So the search for Baby Girl Groen's name continues. She needs a name and at this rate, we're going to be the couple at the hospital they won't let leave because they haven't named their child.
I ask that if you have any name suggestions, please let me know. I mean ANY suggestions. I like floofy, Eric likes simple. So really anything will be taken into consideration!


7 comments:
Abbey!
have you seen the book: the baby name wizard? it's not just another 100000 name book. it has all sorts of categories, plus for each name it lists sister & brother names - so you can see which style you are really into. you should check it out! i am going to search brandt and carter right now. :)
ok, so for carter it says:
style: last names first, nickname-proof
sisters: avery (A!), faith, peyton, chloe, lily
and for brandt:
ahhh! it doesn't have it! i'm shocked. anyways, you should check it out. :)
ATHENA!!!! :)
Abby, Ava, Avery. My personal favorite if Abby...that will most likely be my next girls name if I have another girl!
These are awesome suggestions! Thanks guys!!
I have a friend who named their second daughter Penelope they call her nelly but I have always like penny for short....I also have friends that have daughters named amara (sounds like um- are- u) and aliya and alisia oh and addison and they call her addi
Post a Comment