Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lincoln Park Zoo

Last weekend, we took the boys to Lincoln Park Zoo. It's a fairly small zoo located right off Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago. It was perfect for the boys' first zoo experience; it wasn't too big so if we got tired we could leave AND it was FREE (well, besides the ridiculous parking fee). It was a hot day, but with the cool lake breeze, it was just perfect.
Many of the exhibits were too far away or too high for the boys to see without us getting them out of the stroller. The highlight of the day were the seagulls the boys saw in a grassy area. Being the prego I am, I missed this highlight as I need my umpteenth potty break.
Here are some pics from our day:

The boys watching the puma


The puma
A family pic! We should make a point to take more of these. We just always forget.

Hmm...I forgot what these were
The boys looking at an ape. It was huge!
The ape.
The beautiful Chicago skyline from the zoo

1 comment:

luke and pamela said...

i love this zoo! and you look beautiful!