I'm a bit behind on my posting since we've been in Chicago the past few weeks! I had my week 12 appointment on December 15th and both babies have continued to grow and develop well and everything looks great! Every time we see the doctor he has told us what good position the babies are in and that they are "the best twins you can have." How reassuring!
We inquired of the size difference that was noted during the week 10 appointment. Dr. McKernan said that it is very normal as they are fraternal twins. He did a quick ultrasound and thought that Baby A (the smaller baby) looked to have caught up with Baby B (yeah!!). We don't have any pictures from that ultrasound because the machine printer was broken, but the twins were so cute and remarkably different from the last time we saw them. Baby A (the twin closer to the cervix) was doing a ton of flips and was very active. Eric and I think this baby is going to be like me-very active and a type A personality. Baby B was just hanging out and only moved when the doctor probed him/her. We think this baby is going to be like Eric-only doing things when he absolutely has to!! :)
The doctor also suggested I take an additional folic acid and a vitamin B complex during my pregnancy. As soon as I started taking the vitamin B complex, I started noticing I had energy! It's been awesome! I still get tired after running errands or standing too much, but there is definitely a difference. Hallelujah!
Also, the morning sickness is still hanging around. I thought week 12 was a magical week where all the the nausea suddenly went away! It is subsiding a bit and smells don't bother me as much as they used to. I hope in a few weeks it's gone for good!
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment