Last weekend, we finally finisehd painting the office so Eric can move his desk from the spare bedroom upstairs back to the office. He moved it before the Boards so he could lock himself away and have no disturbances (apparently I can be a disturbance!). We thought it was going to be an easy job; we wanted to paint three horizontal stripes and we'd already painted the middle section a few weeks ago. Well, apparently our ceiling isn't level, so when we tried to measure the lines from the ceiling, they were coming out wavy. The part of drawing off the sections was only supposed to take a little while and ended up taking hours. We had to borrow my dad's big ladder to paint the top section and in order to bring the ladder, we needed his truck. So, needless to say, as frustrating as it was to do this project, it had to get done last Saturday so we could bring his truck back and Eric could get his car! After working all day (and Eric and I both fighting off colds), we got the top section painted and I was able to finish the bottom section on Sunday.
Below are the fruits of our labor. I think it turned out nicely for us novices to try fancy paintwork! 
And now we feel a little better and can almost check off the first thing on our to-do list: moving the desk downstairs.


2 comments:
so glad you are able to nest! i like the last step on your to-do list, sounds like a reward for all of your hard work!
The room looks great!! You are such an awesome decorator. I am soo excited to see what you do for the babies' room! Can't believe you are over half way. Woohoo!
Post a Comment