Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mimi Visits!!

Wait...what?  a post?  Say it ain't so!  Yeah, I know, I'm a bit behind in the posting.  I still blame the broken laptop. Eric has been trying to find out if his education stipend can be used for a new one, but it seems like that will be a no go. Darn it.  Oh well!  At least we still have the desktop that still works!  On to more fun things....

Mimi came to visit!!!  It was so much fun.  The kids loooooove them some Mimi. My mom arrived last Thursday.  Her main reason for her visit was Elina's baptism.  That happened at church on Sunday and was just beautiful!  It was incredibly special.  I may or may not have shed a few tears :).

Mimi's visit was filled with hugs and kisses, cooking, eating, watching movies, playing, cleaning (sorry mom!) and even a quick trip to Costco. Have I mentioned that Costco opened up last month?  That is the highlight of necessary shopping. I love those double carts and free samples!

My mom brought her camera with her.  I love it.  I covet it.  It has made me realize I should just toss my lens into the garbage because it is crap.  I've known this for awhile, but using hers confirmed it.  I've been looking at lenses and I think this one might be a good one. If anyone else has a recommendation for a good, CHEAP lens, let me know! I just want one that will shoot mainly portraits in low light and that has decent aperature.


Isn't he so handsome?!

Caught in the act!  Brandt was ripping off is advent chain.

Mimi and Brandt

My favorite, little girl foot!

I love this picture

Kisses from Mimi!

Mimi got Elina a cute dress that was going to be her wardrobe change after her baptism.  We had her try it on and had the boys try on their Christmas outfits and do a photo shoot. Everyone had a great time.  Ha ha! Brandt was mad and Carter was picking his nose

In this pic, Carter has a lightbulb in his mouth!

Everyone is in the pic!  Yay!



This one would have been so cute, but Carter was mad about his socks. 

We celebrate Christmas and Elina LOVED the doll she got from Mimi and Papa.  Please excuse my appearance.  I wouldn't have posted this pic, but Elina is just darling. I promptly took a shower after this!

Mimi showing Elina how to take care of her baby

Brandt confiscated Elina's toy (as usual) and took the doll for a stroll.

These pictures are so precious.  The boys loved their airplanes that Papa picked out for him.  Someone tell these poor boys' mother to get some clothes on them that fit!  Yikes!  In my defense, I didn't pick out their pajamas that night :)


The boys dog fighting.  Too bad their Papa wasn't here to show them how it's really done.


We love you and miss you, Mimi (Mom)!  Can't wait to see you again!

No comments: