This was our first year dressing up for Halloween. It was so much fun! The kids went as characters from The Wizard of Oz. Carter was the Cowardly Lion. Brandt was the Scarecrow and Elina was, of course, Dorothy.
The festivities began with a Halloween night at the hospital. I was apprehensive that the boys wouldn't want to wear their costumes, but I kept talking about them and how cool they were. The day of the hospital shindig, the boys didn't take a nap. I thought the evening was going to be a complete disaster, but the boys did fine.
 |
| Elina as Dorothy |
 |
| Carter as the Cowardly Lion |
 |
| Brandt as the Scarecrow. Brandt had fallen asleep just before I had to start getting him ready. He was in such a foul mood when I got him up! |
 |
| Eric got off just when we got there. I love this pic of Carter and his daddy. |
 |
| Brandt wtih his new friend, Grayson. |
 |
| Eric and his princess |
 |
| Here's the boys' good friend, Cole. Cole was a ferocious shark! |
 |
| A rare family picture |
We also went to the local pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkin to carve. The boys had so much fun running around through the pumpkins. There was also a bubble machine and the boys would try to catch all the bubbles.
 |
| Running after bubbles |
 |
| Me with my little pumpkins :) |
 |
Elina enjoying the view from the stroller
|
 |
Got to find the right one!
|
Later that night, Eric and I carved the pumpkin and roasted the seeds. We look forward to the seeds every year and there were hardly any in our pumpkin. It was such a bummer!
 |
Later that week Elina and I ran an errand while the boys were in Mother's Day Out. Here she is in her Halloween tutu.
Wee took the boys to a trunk or treat at the church were the boys attend Mother's Day Out. Those pictures are on another camera so I will have to post those when I download them:)
The night of Halloween, Eric got home right before the trick-or-treaters began to arrive. Since we'd already taken the kids trick-or-treating at the trunk-or-treat, we opted not to go door to door. I'm so glad we didn't because the boys had a blast handing out candy. Every time the door bell would ring, they would start running around and screaming. They'd give each trick-or-treater some candy and then say "bye-bye!" It was too cute. Celebrating the holidays are getting more and more fun as they get older! |
\
1 comment:
Thanks for posting that *SUPER AWESOME* picture of Jake and I behind Cole...bahahaha.
Post a Comment