He is Risen!! He is Risen Indeed!!!
We celebrated our first Easter with the niños yesterday. We went to the 8 o'clock service at my parents' church, Desert View Bible. Now I know we're a little late in doing this, but it was the first time we put the boys in the nursery. I wasn't expecting it to be any problem. The service wasn't during a nap and I knew the boys would have fun playing. We dropped them off and they did great! I, on the other hand, was a different story. I cried almost the entire service!!! When we picked them up, the nursery ladies complimented me on how happy and well behaved the boys were. Those are my niños!! I'm so proud!
A few members of our extended family were sick, so Easter ended up just being my parents, Eric me and the boys.
The highlight of the boys' day was probably getting to visit with their favorite dogs. Every time we go over to my parents', we take the boys outside to see their dogs (they have four britneys). The boys LOVE the dogs. They just think it's the greatest thing when the dogs sniff them and give them kisses.
Oh, Brandt learned how to climb stairs while we were over there! I am SO not ready for this. We have pretty steep stairs in our house and I really don't want to have to get gates.
We had a great, low key Easter. The boys loved their Easter pales from their grandma and grandpa (especially the peeps...they were a huge hit!) and I especially enjoyed the meal...lamb. It might be my favorite meal of the year.
Each year, we take a family picture after church and before everyone gets out of their Easter outfits. This year, Dad couldn't figure out how to set the timer on the camera, so we had to take our pictures in shifts. If I was photoshop skilled, I'd photoshop everyone into the same picture.
I think it's so funny to see the pictures you get with babies. You never have any idea what they're doing. We were looking into the sun and Brandt looks like he's very angry and Carter has his lips puckered.


1 comment:
Happy Easter to you guys! So glad you had such a great day!
I can totally relate to your story about dropping the boys off at nursery...I cried most of the service the first time I left Addysen too...and she did great too!! MUCH harder on the Mama than the babies I think!! :-)
Post a Comment