This Sunday, I will run the PF Chang's Rock n Roll half marathon. Last March, our friends, Kent and Alesia, were visiting and Alesia and I planned to run this race together. I've been wanting to run it for years and since I was pregnant and fairly certain going back to work was out of the question, I thought it would be the perfect motivator to get back into shape.
It has been fun to take the boys running with me. It's been our "thing" we do 3 to 4 times a week. I bundle up the chicos and they have a good time looking out at the desert and riding over bumps.
I'm excited to finally run (and hopefully finish!) the race, but it has been therapeutic for me to train and prepare for. For some reason, it just means a lot to me to complete the 13.1 mile run after all the events of this past year.
If anyone is bored on Sunday, you can track my progress. I'll wear a chip that will track me. You can go to this link and look me up by my name. The race I'm running is the first one listed in the drop down box.
If I'm not progressing, I'll probably be at a drink station, taking a potty break, sitting down for a few minutes, etc. Ha! Ha! See you on the flip side!


1 comment:
wow, so impressed!!
Post a Comment