Appetizers at Aisha's Mehndi...so good!
Aisha before the ceremony. She had to wait in a back room for her groom, Shaharyar, to arrive and make his entrance first.
Aisha's henna turned out so good! During the Mehndi ceremony, part of the tradition is to put henna on the bride. She had her henna put on in advance so during the ceremony, everyone was faking it.
Shayarhar entering for the ceremony
Aisha entering for the ceremony
Here, Aisha's telling me what to do. I had to put henna on their hands (they had something in their hands so you really didn't put the ink on them), put oil in their hair, give them sweets, and then give them money.
The centerpieces at the wedding ceremony (held on second day)
Aisha's parents walking her in.
Look at Aisha's outfit. Isn't it so pretty? I just loved it and she looked so beautiful!



2 comments:
Yaayy! I'm so glad you posted about this. I was hoping you would after I saw the pics on FB. I am so happy for Aisha; and she did look soooo beautiful! I love seeing all her different dresses--they are gorgeous!! And what an incredible experience for you! It would be so neat to attend a ceremony like that. The food looked awesome too; I love Pakistani food! Remember when Aisha took us all to try it at Copper Kettle?? That was a blast; I'll admit I was a little scared though, but it was all so yummy! Indian food (which is very similar) is one of my favorite foods now.
You look so great too, Darcy! Good job being such a hot mommy after having twins!!! :)
Awww...thanks for the compliment, Nicole. Copper Kettle catered both events I went to.
I wished I had stayed longer on at the Mehndi. The party was just getting started when I left at 11 pm! There were girls who danced. I really wish I could've seen that.
Post a Comment