This week marks my twenty-fourth week of pregnancy. I can't believe I'm six months pregnant!
I had an ultrasound and doctor's appointment on Monday. Eric was able to join me for the ultrasound. That was very special because Baby A was in a good position and is large enough to have a 3D picture taken. It was so cool! We got to see some of the baby's features. Because of the way 3D pictures are taken, some parts of the body doesn't come out. So the baby's nose looked smashed and not formed properly. The hands also look like clay globs. It was so great, though, to be able to see more of the baby after only seeing the profile for awhile.
Baby A measured at 1 lb 12 oz. and is almost one week ahead of schedule. Baby B measured 1 lb 2 oz. and is a day behind schedule.
The doctor's visit was pretty boring. I asked the doctor about these episodes I've been having where I get really winded and my heart feels like it's going to pound out of my chest. Eric researched my symptoms and according to his cardiology book, this happens near the beginning of the third trimester. Sure enough, the doctor said it's normal and is because my belly is growing faster than my heart can handle and I should be careful to take it easy. Kudos to Eric for his diagnosis!
I also have to start going to see the doctor every 2 weeks. As much as that's going to feel like I'm always at the doctor, it means that we're getting closer! How exciting!!
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment