Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One up...one down!

Eric finished his OBGYN rotation last week. He's already done! It was definitely a tough one, though. Eric is glad, however, that he had his first rotation in a hospital setting. He will now be prepared for his surgical rotation next month. Just knowing what he's supposed to do in the hospital, how to work the computer systems and how to get through an on-call night will be a big help for this future rotations.
This month, Eric is doing his family practice rotation. It's so cool that Eric knows what he likes about each rotation and what he doesn't like. With OBGYN, he didn't like the on-call nights. He liked delivering babies, but knew that it wasn't for him. Now with family practice, he can tell already that it's too slow paced for him. Also, he can tell that he wants to specialize in an area. Instead of having to know about everything but not really be able to do much, he'd rather be the expert in a certain area.
This rotation is going to be much easier than the last as well. It's still about the same commute, but there is no on-call nights and if there are no patients, Eric gets to go home! Oh, and there is no shelf exam at the end (the standardized exam the students take after each rotation). So he should have one easy month!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It is so cool to hear about Eric's rotations. I don't know much about how they work so I like that you keep me updated. :) It is so interesting! I'll be excited to hear what he ends up specializing in.

So, my email is nicole.rowland@yahoo.com - I can't believe I didn't give it to you already!! I need to hear about how things are going for you...

And oh, my gosh, how fun would that be if you come visit - wow we'd have a great time, so come, come, come!!!

Lastly, the blog post udpate thing is under layout, add a page element, blog list, then add the urls for the blogs, choose your options, and save. Easy as that. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nicole said...

Oh, funny, looks like you already figured out how to add it - never mind. :)

Noelle said...

It was SO great having Eric there on the day I went in for my induction...he was great...even brought us cookies, brownies and water while I could still eat in the morning! :-)