- c-section and tubal ligation (he got to cut the tubes!!)
- vaginal birth
- exploratory sugery (he held a suction!!)
- Drew umbilical cord blood
Isn't that so cool?!
Yesterday (Thursday) was Eric's first 24 hour shift. He was very tired from the day before even starting the shift. I felt so badly for him. I don't really understand why doctors have to work 24 hour shifts. It seems a bit ridiculous to me. Other professions have regulations on the amount of hours employees can work and it seems to me that this type of profession should as well. Should someone be able to administer an epidural or perform surgery after already being on the job for 20 hrs? I would argue that at some point it's just not safe!! Oh geez!!
Well, the good thing is that Eric was able to see alot during the night. The bad thing is that while the doctors slept and waited for the nurse to tell them to do something, poor Eric had to just wait around for it all to happen. I'm just glad he got through and got home safely!
Below are a few pics of Eric before he left on his first day. He dressed up the first day but then found out that he has to change into scrubs as soon as he gets there. He wasn't too thrilled that I was trying to take pictures, but I was so proud of him (plus he looked so cute in his back to school clothes)!


2 comments:
Oh, wow! That IS exciting. Congrats, Eric and good luck! (And thanks for the update, Darcy.)
I did the same thing ast year for Jim's first day of classes...that is why they married us! Good Luck Eric
Post a Comment