Thursday, July 17, 2008

Congratulations, Dr. Laura!

At the end of May, I went to Chicago for Laura's (Eric's sister) graduation from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. Eric couldn't go because he was taking the medical boards the following week. I flew in on Friday and helped my in-laws throw Laura a party on Saturday. Grandma Fase and I assumed our roles as party decorators and had a ball decorating with latex gloves, bags of candy blood and gauze. The family even dressed up in medical scrubs. We had awesome pork chops from Hog Wild (I love that place!) and had so much fun seeing everyone.

Grandma and I decorating....


Visiting with friends and family...
Uncle Mike Jr. pretending to be a proctologist...this was sooo funny!

Laura and her awesome cake Aunt Sue made...


Then on Sunday, we went to the graduation ceremony held at Navy Pier. It was in a ballroom at the very end of the pier. The room was just gorgeous with windows looking out to the lake. The ceremony was beautiful. We were so happy for Laura and proud of her.
Laura with Mom and Dad G....
Laura and me...
Laura with the Groen grandparents and the Fase grandparents...


The entire crew celebrating after the ceremony at Carmine's...
It was a packed weekend, but so much fun. I was thrilled to celebrate Laura's accomplishment with her. We are so proud of her! Congratulations, Dr. Laura Schrader!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a cute party idea... and I LOVE the cake! Such a huge accomplishment too - congrats, Laura.