Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Starbucks Passionfruit Lemonade

Whaaaaat? A Post?  Say it ain't so.  We really are alive, just deep in the throws of toddler activities.  We've come to really enjoy living in Augusta as there are a ton of activities here for the littles.

I've been going through mounds of paperwork and found a few recipes I've written down on scrap pieces of paper.  I don't want to loose them so I decided to blog the recipes.

My mom figured out a way to make a copycat verson of Starbuck's Passionfruit Lemonade.  Have you had it?  Oh, boy...you should!  It is so good.  I usually ask for 1/2 the amount of sweetener, though, when I do get it at the uber expensive Starbucks.

Here is Mom's recipe.  It is easy and makes a ton!

4 qts water
6 Tasso passionfruit teabags
1 cup lemon juice (I think it's about 5 or 6 lemons)
1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a boil.  Add tea bags and allow to steep.  Add the lemon juice and sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar.  Let cool and serve over ice.  Enjoy!!!

No comments: