Saturday, February 18, 2012

Elina's Baptism

**So apparently I'm such a ditz that I did another blog about Elina's baptism.  Ugh!  Oh well, it was such a special day that maybe it does deserve two posts!**

Have I forgotten about my blog? Well, no, but since we don't have a functioning laptop it sure does make it more difficult to keep up with the blog.  I find all my computer usage is now on my phone since I can be on that and watch the kids.

Whew!  There is a lot to catch up on! I guess I left off with Elina's baptism.  It was wonderful.  Since we live in the land of Baptists, Eric and I reconsidered infant baptism. However, after our own scripture study, we still think that baptizing your baby is the way to go.  Although there is no salvific value in baptism any time you do it, we believe that as Christian parents, we are called to baptize our children in our faith. So that's what we did! My mom came out and spent the weekend with us and was even a part of the ceremony.  It was so special to have her there as my daughter was baptized.

Elina was baptized at Christ the King Lutheran Church.  Paster Dave Keener made the baptism so special and in true Elina fashion, she stole the show and had the congregation laughing as she took the white hankerchief used to wipe off the annointing oil and wiped off Eric. Her baptism was a great reminder to us how special our children are and how blessed we are to have them.  We thank the Lord every day for them!

My good friend, Amanda Eichenberger came and took the pictures during the ceremony.  She did a GREAT job!  Thanks, Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting Elina ready.  She wore the same dress I wore to be baptized in. So special!

A quick family pic in front of the Lutheran Christian tree. Lutheran churches always have such pretty Christmas trees.

My little girl :)

Her special christening shoes

With Amanda.  Thanks again!

Mom reading during the ceremony

Elina was slightly cranky that day and we had to keep passing the antsy child back and forth.


I LooooooVE this picture!

Being baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost

Wiping off Daddy


Trying to touch her baptism candle flame

I had to pass the candle to Mom and Elina still tried to get it!

Welcoming Elina to the Church

Elina was really intrigued by Pastor Dave's beard

After church we celebrated.  Mom made her fantastic fried chicken.  What a special day!

No comments: