Here's a recap of what's been going on in our lives:
- Eric and I went to Augusta, GA on Thursday, April 28th to find a rental home. We landed in Charlotte, NC around noon and drove down to Augusta and started looking at homes. It was a hectic day!! We found one we really liked and on Friday we went and submitted an application and signed the lease. On Saturday, we drove past "our" house and took some pics before driving back to Charlotte to visit with Eric's sister, Laura, and her family. Right before we left Laura's to go to the airport, I got a call from the property manager that the homeowner no longer wanted to rent out her house!!! Eric and I were beyond livid. I asked the property manager how that could be since she had to have signed a contract with the management company and apparently she hadn't signed it yet! Talk about bad business!
Last week a home came on the MLS that sparked our interest. The picture on realtor.com was really blurry, but it seemed to be in a good neighborhood and it had four bedrooms. Without seeing it, we signed a letter of intent to rent it. We'd met the listing realtor while we were in Augusta and really liked him. He told us he thought we'd really like the home and after we signed a letter of intent, he went and took this picture for us!
Isn't it so cute? We hope we like it!
2. Eric finally got done with OBGYN. He was working at a hospital in the city and had 12-14 hour shifts. The hours combined with an hour and a half long commute made for one crabby and extremely tired fellow. So glad that month is over!
3. The short sale on our home was accepted by the bank. Although we are grateful, my credit was severely affected. As my sister put it, I can't finance a pot to pee in! I was so upset until Cara found the silver lining...Eric's credit was not affected! If one of us had take such a huge hit, it was better that it was me. Ugh...I was always so proud of my good credit.
4. We are in the midst of trying to find movers. This is a pain because most of our stuff is in storage and if I have to take the quote people to the storage unit just to open the door and let them look in, I'm going to be so crabby!
5. Elina is growing up faster than I would like :). She's rolling over both ways (belly to back and back to belly) and has the best laugh!
6. We had to put our cat, Chica, down last Friday. She has had an autoimmune disease and she was doing well, but took a turn last week. She completely stopped eating and on Friday, it was evident she was not going to make it through the night. Eric and I ended up taking her to an emergency clinic. It was so sad. We got her after we went on our honeymoon and named her Chica because we'd gone to Mexico. She was such a good cat and we miss her dearly.
7. The weather was warm enough last week that the boys got to wear shorts (it has since cooled down again...boo!). One day, I took a shower and put on a pair of shorts. When Carter saw what I was wearing, he kept staring at my legs. It was so funny!! My poor boys have been in the Arctic for too long!!
Well, that's about it! We're just busy getting ready for the big move to the South!



2 comments:
I am so glad you found such an awesome rental home! And it is only a couple miles from us which is especially wonderful ;-) The movers we had come to quote us never wanted to see the storage unit, so maybe you'll luck out by just giving them the dimensions and letting them know the types of big furniture that are included in the unit. Another idea is to snap a couple pictures of the unit to show them...
I am also SO happy that Eric's credit was NOT affected by the short sale! This is totally awesome! I'm with you on always being proud of having good credit, though. It is such a hit...but you are awesome for taking one for the team :-D
I am so sorry about your cat---putting a pet down is one of the saddest things ever. My mom had to put down our collie, Shadow...and then I went with her a few years later when we put down her sheltie, Scarlett. You know it is what is best for them given the circumstances, but it is difficult (to say the least).
Cole has been wearing shorts recently (well, not this week - UGH - but last week) and I can tell he LOVES it. I'm already scoping out the best deals on massive umbrellas for the deck for shade, hahaha.
Aaaaaw I'm sorry to hear about Chica :(. She was a good cat and she wasn't that old either!
Post a Comment