Thursday, December 9, 2010

Meeting Santa Clause

****Sidebar: I can't believe lil Miss E is going to be here so soon! T minus 4 days!!!****


Today my mother-in-law and I took the boys to see Santa Clause. I guess I didn't really know how they were going to act or respond to jolly Ol' Saint Nick. I thought Brandt would be intrigued by Santa's beard and if anyone was going to be upset, it would be Carter. I was wrong. Really wrong. Carter acted like he went comatose. He had no reaction. He just sat and looked straight forward until I took him off Santa's lap. In hindsight, it was as if he was thinking, "Maybe if I sit really still and be good, this will all be over soon." Brandt cried the entire time. Poor guy...Santa Clause really scared him.


Hope the boys have more fun meeting Santa next year!























As you can see, Carter's expression really didn't change at all!

















After meeting Santa, the boys got special hats. It looks like Carter's thinking, "WHAT just happened to me?"











After the Santa encounter, the boys were really interested in the train that was next to Santa, but they were still a little too young to ride it. Instead, we took them on the carousel and they had so much fun. Carter was really getting into it and by the time the ride was over, he was only holding on by one hand. Such a big boy!










































1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness they are so adorable. I love love love their red shirts and white sweater vests! Such a funny story. Love the pics! We parents are so cruel expecting our children to love sitting on a old, hairy stanger's lap, but yet I still want to make Jade do it again this year! :)