Friday, September 10, 2010

Countdown

I just looked at the countdown on the blog; the baby is coming in 100 days. Oh my! It's coming fast!

I had an ultrasound this morning. Because I have placenta lakes (pools of blood in the placenta), they are monitoring the growth of the baby to make sure my placenta is still functioning well. I asked the perinatologist if I have the lakes because of the subchorionic hemmorhage I had early in the pregnancy. He said you never know why you get the lakes, but that it probably was related to the hemorrhage. The good thing was that there was no blood flow in the lakes which means that that's just what they are: pools are blood. So, the placenta is still working (yeah, placenta! keep up the good work!) and the baby is still growing.

For those who are in denial and keep thinking this baby is still going to sprout a penis, it's still a girl :). Baby "A" is in about the 50th percentile, so she's growing right on track.

Awhile ago, I put in my request for my c-section date for Monday, December 13th. It's coming up soon! We should probably figure out where this little girl is going to sleep. Maybe even get her a crib!

No comments: