Sunday, July 4, 2010

We made it to IL!

We are finally here and almost settled in. There are still a few lingering boxes that don't seem to be getting unpacked, but besides that, we're all in!

The drive itself was loooooong. I remember it being long, but it's so much longer with children! It seemed like everytime we got on the road, someone had a poopy diaper requiring immediate attention. It was three really long days.

We're living in Eric's parent's basement this year, so most of our stuff is in storage. What a hassle it was to divide everything up between the two places and making sure the movers got it to the right place. We're just glad to be here and that the drive is over and our stuff made it, too!

Here are a few pics of the trip and when we first got here:
Caves in AZ



Mr. Carter sleeping in the car. The boys don't really sleep well in the car, so I was grateful when they did for a little bit.

Me driving. I think this was the third day when I didn't know if I could go any further.

The little travel companions. It was so helpful to have my mom there. While one of us drove, the other would tend to the boys.



Mr. Brandt and his foot :)

The day after we got to IL, we all went swimming. I'd just changed the boys' diapers and put them in those cool designer huggies that look like jeans. We went out to the pool to show off the diapers and decided the boys should swim. Ummmm...if anyone doesn't already know this: normal diapers explode when they get too soaked. We had to invest in swimming diapers the next day. Anyway, here's Carter with his grandpa.

Mr. Brandt!
Mr. Brandt in his denim diaper
I love this picture. I look like crappola, but Brandt sure is cute!

Playing in "real" grass for the first time.

My mom with Brandt. It was so fun to swim and not be driving!
Everyone having fun at the pool.

I have so much more to post, I need more hours in the day. Both the boys have started walking. It's so amazing how they just decide one day they are going to try it out!

No comments: