While I was making the recipe, though, something just didn't seem quite right. For instance, there were ingredients listed that weren't referenced in the directions. But I winged it and was really proud that it seemed to turn out. The cake looked good when I took it out the pan-the little lamb still had a face! On Easter, I reiterated the warnings of the awful recipe to my family. "Try at your own risk!" I warned them, but secretly I was hoping it had turned out. Well, I can't say I wasn't disappointed when everyone tried it and had this look on their face that they, too, wanted to like it, but just couldn't muster that facial expression. So a new tradition? I don't think so until I can find a recipe that bring people back to eating a lamb cake!
Making the cake...

The overall response from the family!


2 comments:
That is way too funny! The cake looks really cute and fun though! Hopefully you can find a good recipe to keep the tradition alive. :)
i ususally make a lamb cake every year...try using pound cake mix...this normally works really well.
Post a Comment